This recipe comes from my experience working in a Pizza Hut restaurant, I suppose you know the amazing chocolate cookie dough in their menu.
I tried to improve the recipe adding some ground peanuts in the dough and more peanuts on top of the ice cream you can eat with the cookie while it is still hot.
The best thing of this dough is that you can freeze it and take it out of the freezer a couple of hours before cooking it.
- 180g plain flour
- 150g brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 100g chopped peanuts
- 100g chocolate chips
- 40g dark chocolate
- 20g chopped peanuts extra
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix together with a whisk the melted butter, the egg and the peanut butter until the mixture is creamy and soft.
- Add the sugar and keep stirring until the sugar becomes part of the mixture (it will not melt).
- Pour the flour, the baking soda and the baking powder into the mixture and start mixing it with a wooden spoon. The final result should be a smooth dough that has absorbed all the flour.
- Add 100g of peanuts and the chocolate chips and work the dough with your hands.
- Put the dough in a small baking tray and let it cook for 15/20 minutes at 200°C/390°F.
- Microwave 40g of dark chocolate at medium-high power for 20 secs with about 1 tbsp of water. Take it out of the microwave and stir it with a spoon, repeating the process if the chocolate is not completely melted. Remember to add some more water in case it looks too dry.
- In a hot pan, roast the peanuts for about 1 min; they have to release their oil. Once they are roasted, add 2 pinches of salt, mix and remove them from the stove.
- You can serve the cookie inside the tray if you want; add the ice cream on top of it, the melted chocolate and the peanuts.
Enjoy your cookie and let me know, with a comment, if you like it.